What if My Child Gets Sick After Hours?
For urgent after hours questions, calling the front desk number will give you a recording that lets you choose between being connected to the Methodist Call-A-Nurse line or directly getting through to the dr on call.
Please note that we have had a recent change in policy regarding these calls. We used to not bill for these, but in researching how to conduct medical care in this new period of COVID-19, we realized that email and phone advice actually is billable and actually has been billable for some years. Billing will be submitted to the insurance company based on complexity of the call/email or charged according to our self pay call/email consult fee schedule if you aren't on insurance. We recognize this is an unexpected change in policy, but right now capturing every single billable opportunity is going to be the only way to keep this practice open and available to continue to take care of your children during this time and after it hopefully normalizes again.
For routine issues that can wait until the next day, we recommend calling back during normal office hours.
For after hours urgent care facilities, we recommend
- The Emergency Clinic Alamo Heights (6496 N. New Braunfels Ave, 210-880-3223), previously known as Alamo Heights Minor Emergency *NOTE: They now charge as an emergency room
- Tots 'n' Teens (11019 Culebra Rd, Ste 155, 210-267-5411)
- Texas Med Clinic (multiple locations throughout San Antonio)
- Little Spurs (multiple locations throughout San Antonio)
In case of emergency, we recommend these Emergency Departments
- Methodist Children's Hospital (7700 Floyd Curl Drive, 78229)
- North Central Baptist Hospital (520 Madison Oak, 78258)
- Children's Hospital of San Antonio (333 N. Santa Rosa, 78207) previously called Christus Santa Rosa